The power of two of nature’s gifts comes together to treat cough and other respiratory conditions. The following recipe will help people suffering from cough and other illnesses treat their conditions in the comfort of their home, without worrying about any side effects.
- 1 ounce of fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 3 cups of water
- Add fresh thyme and water to a pan and heat over low setting. Cover the top, leaving it slightly open to let the steam out.
- Simmer the thyme and water mixture until the content is reduced to 1 cup.
- After simmering, strain the thyme.
- Allow it to sit for a couple of minutes.
- Mix in the honey and stir thoroughly.
- Store it in a sealed container and keep it in a refrigerator.A teaspoon of thyme and honey homemade cough syrup can be taken every few hours or as needed to relieve cough.