Chia seeds have a mildly nutty to bland flavor that’s perfect for adding them to lots of healthy dishes and drinks. They’re added to breads, puddings, shakes, oatmeal, smoothies, main dishes, and desserts.
Related Reading: 10 Proven Health Benefits of Chia Seeds and 6 Fun Ways To Eat Them
Here’s a simple recipe to spice up morning breakfasts with some chia seeds goodness:
Fruity and Nutty Vanilla Chia Pudding
- Half a cup chia seeds
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- Half-teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey
- Nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, or any type of nut)
- Any fruit in season for toppings
- In a large bowl, combine almond milk, honey, vanilla extracts, and chia seeds. Mix them together till a thickened mixture is formed.
- Store the mixture inside a fridge for at least an hour. It’s better to let it stand inside the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
- After refrigerating, take the pudding out and stir it a bit. Add some water if the pudding thickens too much.
- Add fresh fruits and nuts as topping. Serve chilled.
- This recipe yields two large servings and will last for 5 days inside a refrigerator.
There are a lot more ways to add chia seeds to food to make them healthier. Why not start adding chia seeds to your diet now? Start reaping the big nutritional benefits that these tiny seeds have to offer.